|Chicken-Sweet Potato Stir Fry|
|By Liz Hoppenjan|
|Delicious Recipe from Liz. To make it gluten-free look closely at the Soy Sauce label.
|1 C Water
1/2 C Quinoa
1 Med Sweet Potato
2 t. Oil
2-3 Chicken Breasts
1 Med Chopped Onion
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 Med Red Bell Pepper
1 t. Minced Garlic
1 t. Cumin
1 C Frozen Peas
3 T. Cilantro
|Chicken-Sweet Potato Stir Fry
1. Combine: 1C water and ½ cup quinoa in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, 12-15 min.
2. Put: 1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½ inch cubes in saucepan covered by 2” of water. Bring to boil and cook until tender. 3-4 min.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil in large pan and cook 2-3 chicken breasts—cut into small pieces. Transfer to bowl.
4. Put 2 more tsp in large pan and stir in 1 medium, chopped onion, 1 jalapeno pepper (optional), 1 medium red bell pepper, 1 tsp minced garlic, and 1 tsp cumin. Cook until veggies soften.
5. Stir in 1 C frozen peas and heat through. Add chicken, quinoa, sweet potato, and 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional—I did not put this in). Stir until heated through.
6. Add additional spices such as: pepper, salt, garlic powder, soy sauce to taste
|Prep Time: 10 minutes
||Cook Time: 30 minutes|